- To provide quality essential generic medicines to member-organization at affordable cost and assist them in maintaining and continuing their health programs.
- Capacity development of community on health care and development aspects.
- To provide unbiased information on medicines to health professionals and consumers.
- To organize seminars, workshops and training programs on 'Rational Use of Medicine'.
- To publish journals, handouts and booklets on various aspects of health and medicines in the context of rational therapeutics.
- To negotiate with the Government to formulate people-oriented drug policies and weed out irrational and hazardous medicines from the market.
- Conducting professional courses like Medical Store Management, Reproductive Medicines and Utilization of disease specific medicines.